Friday, August 15, 2008

Dating.

Some days, I really love being single. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, and with whomever I want. On some days, I enjoy just going about my life with no inconveniences from the other sex. I thoroughly enjoy being independent and free. The problems are the rest of the days. Those days when I want to be with someone else, and when I just want to be held and cuddled. Now, I can get held and cuddled, and I can be with someone else, but not permanently. I want permanence. It's tough because now that I'm back in the single/dating scene, I have no idea what to do. I don't know what I'm looking for, and I have no idea how to go about any of this. I've never been on a real date with someone other than a boyfriend, and I just have no clue what to do. The most frustrating part is that it's taken me almost 9 months to be willing to let my guard down. This past month, I made myself more vulnerable and more open to the dating scene. There is just one person that I decided was good enough for me (How conceited does that sound? haha), and he ended up really disappointing me. So. Here I am, back to where I started. I thought maybe something was going to happen, but it didn't. And now, I am back to just being single, semi-guarded, and clueless about what to do.

But on other days, I really do just love being single.

No comments: