Sunday, January 11, 2009

Adios, amigos.

It's hard to believe that the time has finally come for me to leave! I feel like all this time, I've been saying "In January, I'm going to Spain." Well, it's January! And guess what? I leave in 14 hours. Wow. I feel like I was only just deciding if I was going or not, and now...I am! Well. I really just picked Barcelona on a whim. It was one of those things where I was like "Ok, wherever."  I didn't know a lot about the city, I still don't, but I keep hearing fantastic things about it. It is known for its nightlife, which might seem funny since I am not exactly a party girl. However, I am planning on living it up while I am there. I'm not about to be the lame girl who doesn't go out! Also, I am excited to just travel. Here, there, everywhere. I want to explore, make new friends, eat new food, see new things! I just can't even wait. I am such an adventurer. I think this will be AWESOME. I am not really nervous right now. Everyone keeps asking if I am. I think it really won't hit me until I am there...or at least on the plane. That will most likely be the hardest.

I've been trying to spend as much time with my mom as I can. I honestly haven't done a lot this break just because I've been hanging out at home. I've always been so close with my mom, it's going to be really hard leaving her. I can't wait to send postcards and presents though. I think she'll like that. :) I am really praying that God will match me up with a really good friend while I'm there. If I get anything while I am abroad, I want a great friend. Not just a girl I can go out with, but one that I can talk to, relate to, keep in touch with, etc. So if you are praying for me, that is my one request (besides safety!). I am really proud of myself because this is the first time I've planned, paid, and followed through with something completely on my own. It's hard to describe, but it has definitely helped me feel more independent! I have NO idea what to expect, which is both scary and thrilling. I am hoping to just take things as they come. Which is pretty much how I live my life anyway.

In other news, my mom has lost her hair. It's really not as weird as it sounds. She looks the same to me, and honestly, the baldness doesn't freak me out. I keep forgetting that she doesn't have hair! Haha. Also, they matched a fingerprint with one of the guys who broke into my grandparents house. I just am hoping that they charge whoever did this. My parents have been talking a lot about moving into that house when it is all finished again. It's weird to think about living in their house without them there, but it is even more odd to think of strangers living in the house. So, needless to say, I am all about buying it.

Well, I am pretty exhausted. I am so grateful that all my friends came last night! Honestly, it just shows who my true friends are. I am so thankful for the friendships I have, and am also really looking forward to making new ones! It will be nerve wracking, I know. But friends have always been so important to me, I can't wait to see what is in store!!

Love love love <3

No comments: