Monday, February 4, 2008

Can't remember the last time I blogged.

So, in high school I was all for Xanga. Obviously that was just a trend. Just like Myspace. Just like Facebook. I used to have a blog on Diaryland too, but I can't remember the password for the life of me. I suppose it's time to start something new.

Well, life has been pretty crazy lately. I don't really want to use this to complain, but what can you do? In the past 6 months, I've lost 2 grandparents, my boyfriend/best friend of over a year, and my dog of 15 years. It's been pretty hectic, and my heart hurts pretty bad. I am still feeling pretty empty, and I really miss having W around.  I know time will heal me, but sometimes time just takes too damn long. However, I do know that so many people would blame God in this situation, and I am doing my best to keep in mind that there is a reason for everything, and that God hasn't forgotten me.

In other news, school is basically shooting me in the face. I just spent almost an hour on a practice Stats. test (my real one is in an hour), and I swear I kept coming up with the same wrong answer over and over. I think she made a mistake because I sure followed the steps right. She has been wrong before, so it wouldn't surprise me. Nursing is really hard. But it's been fun to actually learn some nursing techniques (Blood pressure, breathing rate, pulse, etc). I have tried BP on just about everyone. It's fun! 

I babysat on Wednesday, Thursday, & Sunday. Jayme got me the job at the beginning of the school year, and every Wednesday I pick the kids up from school, take them to piano, take them home, and make $25 doing it. I can't complain. But this weekend, the parental units decided to go to the Caribbean for a cruise (I mean, isn't it normal to just do something like that on the spur of a moment?), and I watched them those days, and their grandma watched them over the weekend. It wasn't bad because they go to bed right when they are supposed to, and they are pretty independent. Tamar, the youngest, was really sad that I couldn't get tickets for the Hannah Montana movie. I took her to see Enchanted, instead. She told me she didn't like it, but later I heard her telling her mom that she adored it. Typical 7 year old. We saw a group of girls at the mall clad in Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers gear, and Tamar looks at me and says "I bet THEY got to go see Hannah Montana because they have nice babysitters who will buy them tickets and shirts." What a little brat. Haha. I told her to stop being a brat and to appreciate that I did something nice for her. Afterall, I spent the money I was given to babysit her ON her. That is so selfish of me, duh. And she has this odd obsession with witches. I don't really get it, but she has the creepiest life-size witch in her room. When you walk by, the eyes light up and it cackles. Can you say creepy? I'm pretty sure I would NOT encourage a 7 year old to like witches. But I love the family. They are really great, and the boys are a lot of fun too. I love odd jobs. I don't think I have enough time/patience for a real job. Other than this Cap Center job I have, I would rather have odd jobs. Babysitting, Dog sitting, etc. I like to do things on MY own time. And that's that.

My friends have been pretty great, too. On Valentine's Day, Kait, Megs, Anna, and me are going to wine and dine at Texas Roadhouse. We did that last year too, so maybe it will become a tradition. I know it's good to stay busy, so I've been trying my best not to just mope. Weekends are for moping, though. I allow myself at least one day a week to just laze around and watch tv in my pajamas. Otherwise, I would not be sane (although, I still wonder if I am.). I am going to New Orleans over Spring Break. I'm SUPER excited about it, because I know I would be miserable if I just stayed in Columbus. We are going to gut and help build houses, and I am sooo excited. It will feel so good to get away, for once. It's weird, I didn't miss Canton at all when I came to Cap. I am finding myself missing it more, mostly just my friends, now than I did before. Maybe it's because in Columbus, I am feeling pretty alone. My one reason for loving here, is gone. I haven't visited Canton in about 7 months (CRAZY), so it might be time for a visit soon. We'll see.

Alright well, hopefully this is just the first of many. I was inspired by Mee-shell and Jayme (You can't really spell her name how it sounds because...it's already spelled how it sounds!). I love them a lot. My sister has helped me get through a lot lately. Actually, my entire family has been pretty freakin' fantastic. They know I am going through a hard time, and unlike most, they are patient with me and understand that even after 2 months, I still have lots of tears to cry.

Over and out!

2 comments:

saylor days said...

oh i love you! its great to hear your thoughts. i love random odd jobs too.
i'm so sorry you're having to go through all this heartache!
lets do lunch and you should keep blogging! i love the blogging world i'm here more than anywhere else online.

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

Hmmm ya, so I'm here a lot too...just roaming around reading random blogs...only this one isn't random!! Nursing school IS tough-you can complain to me all the time bout that-I'll always side with you there!!! Fun though-and worth it!! Shoot-if you ever need a few babysitting dollars.....let me know-we'll be back in westerville in a few weeks. I've got a cutie-with no witches in her room :) I think it's good to keep busy too...but there's nothing wrong with a good melt down to get it all out.