Sunday, December 14, 2008

Something old, something new.

No, this post has nothing to do with a wedding, regardless of the title.  I was actually just watching Top Chef and the challenge was for each of the four groups to do an old, new, borrowed, and blue dish. I am obsessed with cooking shows, and Top Chef is definitely one of my favorites.

This past week I have been eating a lot healthier. I am eating 6 times a day, but small handful-sized meals. I feel so healthy and like I have a ton more energy! Although it might feel like I am eating a ton, I have been tracking my intake on The Daily Plate, and I am actually doing quite well.  I have 4 weeks until I leave for Spain, and I really want to be confident by then. So, I am renovating myself. Haha. 

Speaking of which, SPAIN! It's coming up SO fast. I joined a Facebook group for people going with my program, and it seems that everyone has others they know who are going. Not me. I am going all by myself...the only connection I have to anyone is that one girl was roommates with a friend of mine Freshman year. I've never met her, but it is still nice having some sort of connection.  As much as I feel kind of left out for not knowing anyone going into it, I think it will be a benefit. I won't have any obligations to hanging out with certain people or whatnot. You know? I will be able to start completely over. I am really looking forward to that, even though the first few days will definitely be scary.

The semester is over and I can't believe how fast it went. Honestly, I feel like it FLEW. I ended up having really good grades for me, considering I was not in a single nursing class! I had 2 As and 3 Bs! That's good for me. I think this is the first semester of college that I haven't had a C. How exciting is that? I can honestly say I didn't work my butt off. I mean, had I really tried, I could have gotten more As, but I just...didn't. It was the first semester that I didn't have to try my butt off. So I just didn't.

Things are changing. I am changing. But I think it's all for the better. My mom is doing well. She starts chemo on Monday, so we are cleaning the entire house to prepare. We need to keep everything spick-and-span so that she doesn't get sick! Please continue praying for her. She's the strongest woman I know!

No comments: